Labels

If you have found this blog, it probably means you were searching for something that isn’t in the public eye. My intention is to promote awareness of artists that you would otherwise likely never know existed. If you like what you hear, support the artist by purchasing their music so that they can continue to create, and enjoy the release in the quality they intended.

Over the years this has grown into my own personal project, reviewing the artists that I discover and interest me. If you wish to see more of my work, particularly my more metal-orientated material, you can find me as a regular contributor for the online magazine
Axis of Metal.

Norbert Kraft - Guitar Favourites

Posted by T. Bawden Friday, 12 June 2009














Norbert Kraft - Guitar Favourites - 4.5/5
http://hotfile.com/dl/577626/feef53a/upload.zip.html
(sorry for the link - best one I could get)

Here we have to do with something frightening and strange in the world of metal - classical Spanish guitar. Luckily for me my father`s addicted to classical music, so I have plenty to choose from and possibly the most beautiful of classical instruments is the guitar - elegant, energetic, timeless.

The album is a selection of Norbert Kraft`s guitar favourites, as the name implies. Some of the works have been transcribed from other instruments to the guitar, i.e. Niccolo Paganini`s Romanze. Kraft delivers a strikingly lively and emotional interpretation of the pieces - fast when it needs to be fast and slow when it needs to be slow. Even though he`s Canadian one feels like you`re being transported into the corridirs of El Cid`s palace in the 1300`s, where the ministrels compete for the king`s favour. From the beginning one will be persuaded to dance, to cry, to sing and to laugh.

This being a classical album, there isn`t really much further that I can say. It`s a beautiful interpretation of some of the most wonderful compositions of all time. Composers of the likes of Albéniz, Villa-Lobos and Tárrega are perfectly done justice in this fantastic album.

So sit back, relax and let the music soothe you and take your emotions on a once-in-a-lifetime trip through the Spanish guitar. Olé!

Highlights: "Albéniz: Asturias (Leyenda)", "Granados: Danza Española #5"

1 Responses to Norbert Kraft - Guitar Favourites

  1. Julie K. Says:
  2. It´s a pity there is not so many people who know about Norbert Kraft. Indisputably, he is one of the best musicians living in Toronto area.

     

Search

Blog Archive

Guide

Guide to the Ratings
0/5 - This caused me physical pain
1/5 - This is really bloody awful
2/5 - This was below average
3/5 - This was above average
4/5 - This was pretty darn good.
5/5 - I cannot fault this epitome of perfection.

I cant guarantee all reviewers adhere to these guidelines, but work as a general guide.

Author's credit is given on all posts.