Labels

If you have found this blog, it probably means you were searching for something that isn’t in the public eye. My intention is to promote awareness of artists that you would otherwise likely never know existed. If you like what you hear, support the artist by purchasing their music so that they can continue to create, and enjoy the release in the quality they intended.

Over the years this has grown into my own personal project, reviewing the artists that I discover and interest me. If you wish to see more of my work, particularly my more metal-orientated material, you can find me as a regular contributor for the online magazine
Axis of Metal.
Posted by T. Bawden Sunday, 31 May 2009

An Introduction to Jazz:

Seeing as I’m coming from a metal background, exploring the genre to see what I can dig up it has taken me longer to find artists and review them (hence the shorter special). They are also written from my perspective as a metal fan, and due to my limited experience, decided to grade them on a bell curve.

Panzerballett – Starke Stucke (Jazz/Metal)
Tony William’s Lifetime – Turn it Over (Jazz Fusion)
Billy Cobham – Spectrum (Jazz Fusion)
Herbie Hancock – Headhunter (Experimental Jazz/Funk Fusion)
The Buddy Rich Band – Big Swing Face (Big Band Swing Jazz)
Level 42 – Level 42 (Jazz/Funk)

0 comments

Search

Blog Archive

Guide

Guide to the Ratings
0/5 - This caused me physical pain
1/5 - This is really bloody awful
2/5 - This was below average
3/5 - This was above average
4/5 - This was pretty darn good.
5/5 - I cannot fault this epitome of perfection.

I cant guarantee all reviewers adhere to these guidelines, but work as a general guide.

Author's credit is given on all posts.